Makes 2 cups, 4 servings
Soak 1 cup almonds for 8 hours, or overnight.
|2 ½ cups water
|1 ½ cups soaked almonds (1 cup before soaking)
|½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)|
|1 tsp of agave nectar (optional)|
|Vitamix or blender
|measuring cups and spoons
- Place the water, the almonds, agave and the vanilla extract (if desired)
in a blender.
- Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour the almond mixture through a fine-mesh strainer set over a
medium-sized bowl. Using a spatula, stir and press the pulp that is caught
in the strainer, to extract as much milk as possible into the bowl.
- Discard the pulp left in the strainer, and store the milk in a sealed
container in the refrigerator.
- Almond Milk keeps for five days. It naturally separates, so shake well